Sunday, September 19, 2010

Getting Creative This Syawal

I decided to continue posting photos here after all despite what I had written on the previous entry. That's our prerogative I suppose - changing our minds..

Anyway.

I completed a new kurung for a mother of a bride-to-be. I had a lengthy conversation with me-self in me-head on how to sew the beads on this colorful and flowery kurung. The owner hinted she wanted it to be a bit more extensive than the previous beading I had made for her.

So I came up with this 'gaudy-yet-very-de-gorgeous' (according to Iman. I mean, what the --?) beads. It was quite a task to finish, it took me like forever as I had put it aside during Ramadhan and eiful-fitr. I love the different shade of green and deep sea tones on the flowers. I sincerely hope the owner loves it as much too.





While finishing the kurung, I had also decorated ordinary (let's not forget cheap..) plastic bottles into some incredibly very-de-gorgeous (me think) bekas kueh raya.




And these.



You are most welcomed to get ideas from here.

*****

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions